to boost your career?
Seargin is looking for a Linux/Unix Administrator
- Position: Linux/Unix Administrator
- Technologies: Linux, Unix, Java
- Localization: Warsaw/Remote
- Area: Project
- Form of employment: Permanent contract
- Experience Level: Senior
The main tasks for the Linux/Unix Administrator will be:
- Provide solutions and possibilities in terms of systems architecture and configuration
- Manage capacity, improve process, design system architecture, and perform technology refreshes
- Organize, apply, install, build, customize, support system, and test server infrastructure
- Lead infrastructure-related projects and resolve highly complicated issues operating multiple technologies
- Support with improving methods that will cover all areas of engineering, taking into account the varied requirements for authentication, security, backup, replication, availability
- Manage and oversee actual servers for quality, data recoverability, and performance to analyze areas of development
- Guarantee that system operations are correct, including any necessary updates, restarting, recovery and reconfiguration
- Do a performance tuning, capacity planning, project justification, and procurement according to procurement processes and policies
- Apply changes according to Change Release rules
- Install security setup and controls on Unix/Linux based mission-critical applications and systems
- Take care of incident logging/upgrade incident, chronology into the situation management system
- Find and remove technical problems in complex systems, utilizing controlling and other analysis tools to guarantee optimal system performance
- Maintain technical documentation, reports, and records regarding infrastructure solutions
The Candidate should have:
- At least 6 years of working experience in Unix system support, enterprise systems management, maintaining and implementing 24×7 mission-critical applications & systems
- Proven experience with Unix administration
- Operative experience on LVM, ZFS, UFS, SVM, etc.
- Practical experience with Linux updating using Red Hat Satellite / YUM
- Significant knowledge and experience in Middleware (Oracle Database/BPM/Weblogic) on Red Hat Linux or Unix based systems, Java & Unix shells, and coding
- Well known Linux/Unix shell programming
- Comfortable work in a high-pressure environment to meet deadlines
- Working experience in a global team with colleagues based in different countries
- Working knowledge of
- Network/Storage/Backup tools, Apache / Internet Information Server (IIS) Web server, Firewalls, SAN, DRP (disaster recovery plan), and BCP (business continuity plan)
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Proficiency with network tools like iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
- Practical knowledge of VMware infrastructure
- Team-oriented, detail-oriented, efficient, and solution-oriented attitude
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and in a team
- Great English skills (written and spoken)
The Candidate can expect:
- Permanent Contract
- Challenging job in an international and multilingual environment
- Professional development
- Attractive and competitive compensation
If you meet the requirements described above, please send your application in English (.doc) at email@example.com, stating the name of the position in a subject, and/or call +48 501 004 871.
Job offers that might interest you
In every location convenient for You. Fill the ‘skills gap’ with the top-level professionals for individual projects without having to incur the costs of hiring new full-time employee. Seargin Staff Augmentation Model can be always adapted to your specific needs.