Protecting the individual’s privacy is crucial to the future of business.
We have created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to the individual’s right to data protection and privacy. It outlines how we handle information that can directly or indirectly identify an individual (personal data).
Respecting your time and with the goal of providing you with the quickest possible access to the relevant passages of the privacy statement, we offer you the following summary. The summary does not replace or supersede the detailed explanations in the Seargin Privacy Statement so in case of doubt, please always refer to the relevant passage in the actual full statement below.
The privacy statement aims to explain what personal data is processed by Seargin, who uses your personal data, for what purpose, for how long, and explains what rights you have in this context.
Who collects and processes your personal data?
Seargin does, in the form of the respective legal entity, being either Seargin LLC in Dover, US, Seargin Ltd in London, Seargin Sp. z o.o. in Gdansk, Poland or any another entity of the global group of Seargin companies. The Seargin Privacy Statement describes in detail which processing activities of which Seargin group entity apply.
Who is the data controller?
The data controller is Seargin Sp. z o.o, Grunwaldzka 163, 80-266 Gdańsk, KRS (National Court Register): 0000499229. Poland Cert. 10594, VAT ID: 5833165868
How can you contact the data protection officer?
The data protection officer can be contacted at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or by the forms and at addresses available at the “Contact” section on the data controller’s website.
What is the purpose and legal basis for personal data processing?
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process and/or future recruitments, depending on the option chosen in the application form; the data will be processed upon:
- Your consent to the processing of your personal data in connection with Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation;
- The necessity to perform the contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into the contract in connection with Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation;
Providing data is voluntary but refusal to provide your data will make it impossible to carry out the recruitment process properly.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of employment or implementation of the contract, and the data will be processed upon:
- Your consent to the processing of your personal data in connection with Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the possibility of joining, e.g., the employee benefits or other benefits offered by the data controller.
- The necessity to perform the contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into the contract in connection with Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to performance of the contracts concluded with employees or contractors.
- The necessity to comply with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject in connection with Article 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation, e.g., in relation to the performance of the obligations to the tax authorities, performance of legal obligations to the social security authorities.
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data in connection with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR related to the security of information and communication systems, verification of identity at employment, and confirmation of qualifications.
How long will your data be processed?
Your data will be processed until:
- you withdraw your consent for the data processing, if and to the extend that your consent is the basis for the processing. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal;
- the data retention period related to the given data processing expires or the data becomes redundant for the processing performed by the controller, if there are no legal grounds for lawful processing upon other legal basis;
- for performance of legal obligations, until the expiry of the limitation period for claims, or expiry of the required archiving period;
- the expiry of the data retention period stipulated in the Labour Code [Kodeks pracy] (at least 10 years)
To whom can we transfer your data?
Your personal data can be processed by our external partners supporting our business processes, that is the data processors such as, for example, IT solutions providers, technical support providers.
We will not share your personal data with other entities which process data as separate controllers unless it is required by law or a relevant consent has been given to share specified personal data for a designated purpose.
The data may be transferred to third countries only if the controller acts upon appropriate legal bases, including upon an adequacy decision or subject to appropriate precautions (e.g., binding corporate rules or standard contractual clauses).
What are your rights under data protection?
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, the right to access your data, the right to rectify, erase or restrict processing of your data, the right to object to the data processing, and the right to transfer your data. The data controller does not intend to apply automated decision-making, including profiling.
What are the consequences of not providing your personal data?
Providing your personal data is voluntary, but if you do not provide your data the controller will not be able to carry out the recruitment process.